An important element in maintaining contact between members is the Society’s publication (at least twice a year), of its journal Tiltas (‘The Bridge’).
Tiltas contains original articles about Lithuanian history, politics, culture, business and finance, British-Lithuanian links, the history of Lithuanians in Britain, film and book reviews, poetry and interviews with prominent political, business and cultural figures.
The journal is becoming recognised as a valuable resource for those interested in Lithuania and British-Lithuanian relations.
Members receive Tiltas free of charge.
Notable contributions have been:
- Editor’s interview with Dalia Grybauskaite, former EU Commissioner for Finance and Budget and current President of Lithuania.
- Paul Richardson, ‘The Ghost Soldiers of 1812’.
- Romas Kinka, ‘A Lithuanian Easter’.
- Gordon McLachlan, ‘Interview with Lithuanian Pianist Evelina Puzait?’.
- Howard Jarvis, ‘Gone with Her Dreams: A Tribute to Jurga Ivanauskait?’.
- Sir Conrad Swan, ‘Heraldry: British and Lithuanian – a Study of Comparison and Contrast’.
- Thomas Lane, ‘The Jewish Question in Lithuania’.
- Barry Ager, ‘Early Medieval Jewellery from the Eastern Baltic back on Display at the British Museum’.
- Andy Cuckson and Petras Kurlavi?ius, ‘Lithuania’s Storks’.
- Irene Saad, née Josuttis, ‘Searching for My Roots’.
- Janet Zmroczek, ‘The British Library Lithuanian Collections’.
You can download a copy of 2018 Tiltas here.
You can download a copy of 2015 Tiltas here.